The human langauge model is probably 109
± 1 bits, in agreement with Turing
- Demonstrated the feasibility of a neural network framework.
- Need to develop a full model (character + lexical + semantic
- Need to evaluate on a standard test set.
- Need to compare with human performance.
Human language is probably machine learnable from a text corpus
- Demonstrated for lexical acquisition.
- Need to demonstrate for syntax.
AI is unsolved - but we are close
- Simulation refines Shannon's 1950 results (the goal) to about 1 bpc.
- The best models (lexical + semantic) have achieved 1.2 bpc.
- The goal needs to be refined by human testing.