How to create your own web page on cs.fit.edu
- You have to have an account on cs.fit.edu
- Create a directory called: "public_html" under your home directory with the command: "mkdir public_html"
- Create the webpage in a file called "index.html" (you can use your favorite editor, or can transfer it from another location)
- Make sure your home directory has executing rights for everybody. (If you're unsure, run the command: "chmod go+x-rw $HOME". This makes sure that no one can peek into (or delete files from) your directory, but the http server of cs.fit.edu can find the files in your "public_html" directory.)
- You can run the same command ("chmod go-rw+x $HOME/public_html") to have similar results for your "public_html" directory